Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Fruit Leather.

I have been wanting to make fruit leather for a while now.



Mason's birthday party is the perfect excuse for lots of experiments.




Party favors? Yep.



Doesn't taste much like a fruit roll up... because it's better! (Will a gang of preschoolers agree? Probably not.)



I got my recipe online. I planned it poorly. (Started at 4:30 in the afternoon, not realizing that it took several hours in the oven & I would have to stay up to check on it.)


The recipe says 8-12 hours. Mine was a little too crispy after 71/2... I am still not used to this whole convection oven thing. I also learned to really make sure that the puree is level when you put it in the oven. The edges of mine were thin & hard, while the middle had that sticky, leathery texture that I wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I'd love to hear from you!