Friday, June 29, 2012

Fondant.

Cake decorating & I have a love-hate relationship.





It's so much work. It tastes so good. It's so messy. It's so pretty.



After making cakes for friends & even a short stint at a local bakery, I realized that this stuff is a lot of work! I decided that I would only make cakes for myself because it just isn't worth the stress to make them for other people.



This is the first time I have used fondant in almost 2 years. Wow! Thanks, Mason for giving me a good reason to dust off the old fondant skills.



I decided to make my own fondant for the first time. I followed this recipe. It surprised me how easy & also how messy of a process it was.



By spreading the work out over the week ( I started this process on Monday) I was able to keep my stress level down & actually enjoy the process...as opposed to my usual staying up until 2 am the night before the cake is needed.

P.s. Sorry for all of the crummy lighting in my dark kitchen at 10:00 last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I'd love to hear from you!