Saturday, June 16, 2012

Blueberry Picking.

This morning was absolutely perfect for blueberry picking! 75° in Texas is a little unheard of...we took advantage.




We made the 30 minute drive from our house to Blueberry Hill Farms in Edom, TX (population 277). There are rows upon rows of blueberry bushes, as well as a store with home made pies, preserves, blueberry lemonade & even blueberry ice-cream! You can purchase a gallon for $20 or pick your own for $14. What a steal!

Mason really enjoyed it. What a great summer time activity! We pushed his stroller up to the bushes, where he could pick his own. None of them made it to the basket. And he definitely did not understand that the blue ones are tastier. He kept reaching for the pink ones that weren't ripe.

I am excited to see what yummy blueberry themed food I can come up with... I foresee gelato & muffins  coming soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I'd love to hear from you!