Our most recent addition was a dresser, scored on Craigslist for $60.
The project was inspired by this buffet, DIY'd by Melody @ My Passion For Decor.
My husband has been working as a faux finisher for the past two years. Therefore, he has mad skills. He came up with his own little paint concoction. The paint came from Modern Masters and is a combination of Pewter & Tequila Gold. The color is knocking my socks off! Here's how we did it:
- Prime the hardware with an oil-based primer.
- Find the perfect paint color. You can purchase what we used here.
- Apply the paint color with a stipple motion.
- Apply 2nd coat, if needed.
- Apply 2 coats of acrylic sealer (we used a dull finish).
You would never guess that is paint, right? Who knew paint could be so classy? Needless to say, my husband is awesome!
Mason was not so thrilled that I was paying attention to the hardware on instead of him...
Stay tuned for more on our Craigslist dresser redo!